Here, you’ll find answers to some of our more Frequently Asked Questions:
WE REGRET THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO GIVE REFUNDS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!
How do I register for seminars and classes?
- First, create an online account with Actors Connection. Go to our homepage and click on the SIGNUP tab. On the Create an Account page, fill out your information (some areas are required to proceed), create a password and read/agree to our rules and policies. Please log on and continue to fill out your profile information and upload your headshot.
Once you have established your online account, you may register for seminars, classes and intensives through our website at any time. Note: To register for a seminar you must have a “seminar credit.” Go to the BUY NOW tab to purchase a seminar package of your choice. To register for classes and intensives you do not need seminar credits as they are priced per event item.
If you already have an online account with us, you may also call our offices at 212-776-4900 ext.10 Monday – Friday, 11am – 5:30pm and 7:30pm – 9pm and register over the phone.
What is the difference between a seminar and a class?
Seminars are our ONE-NIGHT networking/educational opportunities with New York agents, casting directors, personal managers and print agents. The evening starts with a group Q&A and then you proceed to meet the guest individually.
Classes are ONGOING audition technique classes that are 2 or more weeks in length and usually taught by well-known casting directors or by some of New York’s top acting coaches.
When is payment due for seminars?
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration for seminars and seminar packages.
When is payment due for classes?
- Registering for classes, intensives or special events requires payment in full upon registration.
What forms of payment do you take?
We take cash, checks, money orders, American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover. There is a $15 fee for all bounced checks or declined credit cards for balance payments. WE REGRET THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO GIVE MONETARY REFUNDS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
How do I cancel seminars and classes that I have registered for?
- You can cancel via your online account or by calling our offices. For seminars, we require 48-hours notice to return your seminar credit and any applicable surcharge to your Actors Connection account. For classes and intensives, we require 7 days notice from the start date in order to receive credit back into your Actors Connection account.
What happens if I cancel late?
- We have, on occasion, been able to replace actors who cancel late if there happens to be a waitlist. If replaced, as a courtesy, credit will be returned to your Actors Connection account. Check your AC account or email a day or two after the seminar to see if we adjusted your account balance with a return. PLEASE DON’T CALL THE OFFICE AND ASK HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE ON THE WAITLIST OR HOW LIKELY IT IS THAT YOU MIGHT BE REPLACED. The main reasons for late cancellations are illness and last-minute work. Much as we empathize with these situations, we are a business and have a right to maintain a clearly stated cancellation policy. Please consider any late cancellation as a loss of credit, and any resulting replacement a courtesy. We cannot guarantee your replacement, but will do our best to fill your spot if possible. If you are a “no show” for a seminar, you will not receive credit under any circumstances so do always call if you need to cancel late as we might be able to replace you!
How long are your seminars?
- Seminars average two and a half hours.
How long should my monologue or song be?
- Your “work” in seminars is limited to 3 minutes. For monologue/song seminars, you may do both, but the total time should not exceed 3 minutes. This will leave you time to chat with the guest.
When will I get sides for Special Events or Classes?
- Normally, sides are distributed 1 – 2 days in advance of the class or event. Sides will either be sent via email or made available via a link in your AC account. Within the description of the event, there should be instructions to let you know whether we will email you sides or if you should select them from a provided list of sides. Please do not call a week in advance asking when sides will be available.
For On-Camera Special Events or Classes, how do I watch my recorded work?
- For most on-camera classes and events, each week your scene will be taped as a digital file. Within one week, you will receive an email that the file has been uploaded for you to watch and view your work via your AC account.
Where can I find guest addresses, emails and phone numbers?
We recommend doing internet searches to find this information. Other online resources include IMDBPro.com and CastingAbout.com.
Actors Connection does not give out our guest’s addresses, emails or phone numbers over the phone. We also keep a supply of published industry directories such as CallSheet, The NY Agencies or Henderson’s Casting Director Guide for you to purchase at our front desk if you require additional information on our guests.
Please do not call our offices after past events asking for guest info as we will not give it out over the phone.
How do waitlists work?
Should a space become available in an event that has a waitlist, we make calls on a first-come, first-served basis starting at the beginning of the waitlist. For example, if you are first on a waitlist and we leave you a message, we will then continue calling the waitlist until the space is filled. That is why it is important to call back ASAP so you do not lose the opportunity to participate in the event.
Does Actors Connection work with actors who are new to the business?
- Yes, we do. We offer several beginner-level classes and special events for the actor new to the industry. They are labeled as “Intro” or will be described as appropriate for beginners. If you have any questions about whether a class or event is right for you, please call our office for assistance.
Is there an age limit for our programs?
Actors Connection KIDS & TEENS! is NY’s Top Networking and Educational Studio for young actors ages 7-16. We connect talent to the best Casting Directors, Talent Agents, and Managers for film, television, theater, print and commercials.
We produce special events, classes, staged readings, seasonal productions, and summer camp for the performing arts. Our studios provide a safe, fun, and educational environment to cultivate creativity, showcase and network emerging talent.
Actors Connection seminars, classes and events are for actors 18+. Most of our programs are not suitable for children and teenagers. We do however make occasional exceptions for some teens who have had exceptional training. If you have a question about this, please call our office.
FAQ didnt solve your problem?
Here are several ways to contact us