Conquering Cold Reading - Pilot Season Prep with ANI AVETYAN, Casting Director - AC in LA!
Monday, February 17, 2020, 7:30pm
Learn to book TV shows during Pilot Season in LOS ANGELES with this special one-night only class taught by Ani Avetyan, LA Casting Director.
Ani has cast actors in major network television dramas, tv shows and feature films.
This class is held at:
Space Station Casting Studios
in "The Actors Studio"
950 N Cahuenga Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90038.
Each year, major American broadcast television networks like ABC, CBS, The CW, FOX, NBC, etc. – cast for their new TV shows, also known as "pilots". Train with Ani and focus on cold reading while learning about the busiest season for casting.
Group Q&A with Class Materials/Cold Sides Provided On-The-Spot By The Instructor for Scene Work
Students will learn:
- How TV DRAMA acting is different from Feature Film Drama acting with specific examples.
- How does a TV DRAMA casting director evaluate an actors social media presence? Or do they at all?
- The pace of TV DRAMA acting, what specifically are the rhythms of the dialogue and how to approach it.
- What is the TONE of TV DRAMA acting.
- How to build relationships on a TV DRAMA set while doing your job. Or should you just keep to yourself.
- Plus Ani will answer many specific questions.
Some additional topics covered may also include:
- How is preparing for a PILOT audition different than preparing for a regular audition. Who will be reading with them in the room at this office and what they like to see.
- How to prepare for TAPED auditions.
- Whether they look at eco-cast taped auditions if an actor is unavailable.
- A breakdown of the casting process that this casting director uses.
- How is casting PILOTS different from casting guest roles.
- How can a non-union actor book a pilot? (Yes, actors do regularly)
- Suggestions on how to prepare.
- Don’t have an agent? How actors can still get seen.
- What they like to see in a headshot.
- What do they like to see on a resume.
- How does casting use social media? Youtube, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Ani will provide feedback and/or re-directs whenever possible. She will not be taking the headshots, but actors should still bring them so she can provide feedback and comments on both pictures and resumes.
ANI AVETYAN, LA CASTING DIRECTOR
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made with 1 weeks advance notice before the program start date for a full Actors Connection credit to be issued as space is limited. Cancellations made less than 1 week before the start date will not be credited. There are no refunds.
Questions about this class? Need help regarding LA programs?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Monday, February 17, 2020||7:30 pm|
The following disclaimer is provided specifically at the request of and in accordance with SAG/AFTRA: Seminars or classes are for educational purposes only and will not secure or provide opportunity for employment in the field or representation by an agent or casting director.